Excel 2008 for MAC
More information at this link.
Excel for Windows
Solver may be installed but not enabled as an Add-In. If it is enabled, you will find it in the following location:
Excel 2007/2010/2013: Analysis group on the Data ribbon.
Excel 2003: Tools menu.
If you don't find it there, it may be installed, but not yet enabled.
For Excel 2010/2013
- Click the 2010:Microsoft Office Button, 2013: File Tab, and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- If Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is available in the Analysis group on the Data ribbon.
For Excel 2007
- Click Add-ins. Look for the dialog box 'Manage' and select 'Excel Add-In' then click 'Go'.
- Hopefully, you should see the Solver Add-in listed and click the check box. If not you need to browse for Solver.xlam in the installation folders. If you can't find it in the folders, you may need to install it from the original media. Use the help dialog boxes if you need to install.
- In Excel 2007, Solver appears in the Analysis group on the 'Data' ribbon.
For Excel 2003
- Tools>Add Ins
- Follow online directions for enabling or installing. You may need to browse to find Solver.xla typically in a library folder under the Office folders in Program Files, often something like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Solver '. Within the file location, "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10", the drive and subfolders depend on where the office applications are installed. Recent installations use 'Office10', or 'Office11', etc. for installations. (You may wish to do a file search to locate Solver.xla your computer and then revisit this step if you have trouble browsing to find Solver.xla). Click on Solver.xla.
- Solver will appear in the Tools menu.